Monday, May 23, 2005

Preposition Walk

The paragraph below shows how you can use the patterns we are studying:

Last Saturday, I went for a long walk from my house to the park. It was a nice day, so I decided to walk along the stream that runs by my house. On the way, I went past some children playing catch. One of them threw the ball across a small field, over the heads of the other children, and it fell in the stream. A girl stepped into the stream to get the ball out of the water. After that, I went up the hill and over a bridge. I stopped for a moment and looked down. I could see some ducks under the bridge. I also saw some flowers floating on top of the water. Above me, in the sky, were a few clouds which reflected in the water. When I finally got to the park, I sat down on a bench and rested.

Assignment: Take a walk from the O'Keefe Building to another place on campus. Write as many descriptions as you can telling the directions you took and using prepositions of place. Bring these to the computer lab for your writing assignment on Wednesday.